Name:_______________________________ Date: __________
1. Different cells of the body have different ____________________.
2. Check all that are alive:
Happy family Active Volcano Sponge cake Sea sponge
3. The word “membrane” means: a) big puddle b) open door c) thin skin
4. How are the cells of the body like a house?
a) the doors of the house can move
b) each room has a different job
c) both have different levels, or floors
5. What plant is used to make sauerkraut? _________________
6. Metamorphosis refers to what process?
a) a cell expanding and then dividing
b) flexing of muscles during exercise
c) a caterpillar turning into a moth
7. What organ of your body grows the fastest? ___________________
8. What are genes made of? __________________
9. How many cells are in an egg? _______________
10. What is needed to grow a seed into a plant? ____________________
11. What protein makes blood cells red? a) lactose b) hemoglobin c) insulin
12. What cells in your body are never replaced? a) nerve b) muscle c) skin