experiment responding observing quantitative
manipulated qualitative hypothesis theory
evidence law natural inference
1. Science is a body of knowledge that explains the ________________world.
2. Gathering information with the senses: ________________________.
3. A logical interpretation based on observations: ____________________________.
4. All claims in science should be supported by ____________________________.
5. Type of data that is measured with numbers; example: temperature of water: ___________________________
6. Type of data that is in the form of a description; example: color of the water: ___________________________
7. A proposed explanation that can be tested: _________________________________
8. A step-by-step procedure that is used to test a hypothesis: _____________________
9. The thing that the scientist changes in an experiment: _______________________________ variable
10. What is measured or observed in an experiment: _________________________________ variable
11. In science, a ______________________ combines observations and explains WHY. ( Ex. Evolution )
12. In science, a _______________________ is used to make predictions, telling us WHAT will happen
The graph shows the number of shrimp hatched at different temperatures.
What is the manipulated variable? ___________________________________
What is the responding variable? __________________________________
How would you summarize or caption this graph? In one sentence, connect the two variables.