1. What tube conveys urine from the bladder to the outside of the body?
2. The cavity within the kidney that contains the renal pelvis and renal blood vessels and creates an indentation on its medial side:
3. The primary function of the kidney is to:
filter wastes from the blood
remove excess water from the body
protect the body against infection
maintain blood sugar levels
4. The functional unit of the kidney is the:
5. The two main areas of the kidney are the:
proximal and distal
cortex and medulla
ureter and urethra
pyramid and glomerulus
6. Any substance that increases urine production is called a(n):
7. What type of cell lines the bladder and allows it to contract and expand?
8. Dialysis is a procedure used on a person who has:
low blood sugar
9. What tube connects the bladder to the kidney?
10. The characteristic smell of urine comes from what substance?
uric acid (urea)