1. The process of mitosis ensures that:
each new cell is genetically different from its parent
each new cell receives the proper number of chromosomes
cells will divide at the appropriate time
DNA is replicated without errors
2. The image illustrates what phase of mitosis
3. Which of the following is NOT part of mitosis
4. Which of the following is NOT part of the chromosome?
5. A cell that has 20 chromosomes undergoes mitosis. Which of the following is true?
two daughter cells will be created, each have 20 chromosomes
two daughter cells will be created, each have 40 chromosomes
4 daughter cells will be created, each having 10 chromosomes
2 daughter cells will be created, each having 10 chromosomes
6. A spindle forms during which phase?
7. Compared to the X chromosome, the Y chromosome is:
inherited more often
8. Which of the following can be determined from a karyotype?
the sex of the individual
whether the individual has Down Syndrome
The number of chromosomes present
all of these
9. Most cells spend their lives in:
10. Cytokinesis begins during which phase?