1. Examine the picture of the cell. What phase is the cell in?
2. What is the structure labeled "X" on the picture?
3. During which phase do chromosome first become visible?
4. A cell with 10 chromosomes undergoes mitosis. How many daughter cells are created? ___ Each daughter
cell has ___ chromosomes.
5. What structure is responsible for moving the chromosomes during mitosis?
6. Cytokinesis begins in which phase?
7. Cells will generally divide when?
they are 10 hours old
they become infected
they become too large
they have no food
8. Which phase occurs directly after metaphase?
9. During which phase does the DNA make a copy of itself?
10. Each chromosome consists of 2 _____.
Publisher: Biologycorner.com; follow on Google+
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.