1. Which of the following
is NOT a type of passive transport?
2. Chamber A contains 40% helium and Chamber B contains 20% helium. Chambers are connected by a tube the
molecules are free to cross. Which of the following will occur?
some helium will move from chamber A to chamber B
some helium will move from chamber B to chamber A
helium will remain concentrated in chamber A
all of the helium will move into chamber B
3. What will happen to an animal cell placed in a salt water solution?
The cell will shrink
the cell will expand
the cell will burst
the cell will shrink and then expand and then shrink again
4. An animal cell placed in a hypotonic solution will:
take on water
5. Which of the following is a type of active transport?
sodium potassium pump
all of these
6. Active transport requires:
a concentration gradient
a hypertonic solution
Notes: Diffusion and Osmosis
Cell Membrane and Transport Coloring
Observing Diffusion with Iodine
Osmosis Practice Slides
Diffusion and Osmosis Crossword Puzzle
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.