DNA Quiz 1
DNA Quiz 2
DNA Quiz 3
DNA Quiz 4
DNA Quiz 5
DNA Quiz 6
1. In the Hershey Chase Experiment, DNA was labeled with ____, and bacteriophage protein was labeled with _____.
radioactive phosphorous, radioactive sulfar
radioactive sulfur, radioactive phosphorous
DNA Polymerase, RNA polymerase
2. In the ladder anology of the DNA molecule, the "rungs" of the ladder are:
paired nitrogenous bases
joined sugar and phosphate
3. Which of the following best describes the arrangement of the sides of the DNA molecule?
4. If a DNA molecule is found to be composed of 40% thymine, what percentage of guanine would be expected.
5. The enzymes that break hydrogen bonds and unwind DNA are:
6. DNA replication results in:
2 completely new DNA molecules
2 DNA molecules that each contain a strand of the original
1 new DNA molecule, 1 old molecule is conserved
1 new molecule of RNA
7. During replication, what enzyme adds complimentary bases?
8. Transcription results in:
an amino acid chain
9. How many different amino acids are used to assemble proteins in cells?
an infinite number
10. A stretch of chromosome that codes for a trait can be called a(n):
11. In RNA, _____ codon(s) translate to ______ amino acid(s)
12. Translation begins:
at the replication fork
on the lagging strand
at the start codon
in the nucleus
13. A nucleotide consists of:
a phosphate and a base
a phosphate, and a sugar
a base and an amino acid
a phosphate, a sugar, and a base
14. The sugar in RNA is _____, the sugar in DNA is _______
15. Which of the following is found on RNA but not DNA?