1. The worm-like ridges on the surface of the brain are called ____________________________
2. The thin, web-like membrane between the outer and inner layer of meninges is called the ____________ mater.
3. The right side of your brain controls the _____________side of your body
4. The ____________________________enlargement of the spinal cord supplies nerves to the lower limbs, whereas the _____________________________ enlargement supplies nerves to the shoulders and arms.
5. The innermost layer of meninges that supplies blood vessels to the brain called the ________________ mater.
6. The ________________________________ fissure separates the two hemispheres
7. _____________________________________tracts within the spinal cord carry motor impulses to the muscles.
8. The ____________________ __________________________ connects the two hemispheres of the brain.
9. The ___________________________________ is the major part of the brain that controls higher mental activities, such as learning and making decisions.
10. The ________________________ is the part of the brain that controls the coordination, balance and equilibrium.
11. _______________________________________tracts within the spinal cord carry sensory impulses to the brain.
12. The outermost of the three meninges is the _________________ mater.
13. The fluid filled cavities within our brains are called ________________________.
14. The brain and spinal cord are surrounded (and float within) ___________________________ fluid.
15. The brain ____________________ consists of the midbrain, pons, and medulla oblongata.
16. The _______________________ system controls emotional experiences.
17. The _____________________ oblongata is responsible for regulation of the body, such as heart rate, body temperature and blood pressure.
18. The part of the brain that plays a major role in memory is the ______________________________
19. The master gland of the endocrine system dealing with hormones is the ________________ gland
20. Part of the diencephalon, controls basic functions such as body temperature, and hunger: _______________