1. Which of the following occurs in the stroma of the chloroplast?
light dependent reaction
electron transport chain
2. The oxygen produced in photosynthesis comes from what molecule?
3. The photosynthetic process used by some plants to survive in a hot dry climate, like the desert?
4. Which of the following is NOT a produce of the light dependent reaction?
5. Which of the following i the source of the carbon in sugar produced during photosynthesis?
6. Which of the following is the main difference between cyclic and noncyclic photophosphorylation?
they use different electron acceptors
Only photosystem I is used during the cyclic process
noncyclic photophosphorylation occurs in the stroma
noncyclic photophosphorylation does not produce ATP
7. Carbon fixation is catalyzed by what enzyme?
8. The calvin cycle requires each of the following inputs EXCEPT:
9. In the light dependent reactions, when light strikes the pigments (P700 or P680) what is the immediate
excited electrons are passed to electron acceptors
electrons are fused to form ATP
glucose is produced
carbon fixation occurs
10. In the calvin cycle, more ATP than NADPH is used, how is this difference made up?
the cyclic pathway creates more ATP
calvin cycle occurs half as often as the light dependent reaction
additional ATP is created from glucose
excess NADPH is reused in the light reaction