1. Without the presence of enzymes, the reactions necessary to sustain life would require ___________________ in order to occur.
2. Based on the graph, which of the following could be used to increase the reaction rate beyond point C?
increase the amount of substrate
add more water
increase the temperature
decrease enzyme concentration
3. The part of the enzyme where the substrate binds is called the:
4. When a piece of liver is dropped into hydrogen peroxide, the peroxide bubbles vigorously as a result of what reaction?
peroxide being broken into water and oxygen
peroxide is destroying germs in the liver
more peroxide is being created by the liver
liver and peroxide are joining together to make a new protein
5. Some people cannot digest milk products because they lack a specific enzyme. Which enzyme would be used to break down the lactose in milk?
6. On the image, which letter represents the enzyme?
7. On the image, which letter represents the substrate?
8. On the image, which letter represents the product of the reaction?
9. In what way could you increase the rate of the reaction as it taking place in image C.
add more substrate
add more enzyme
10. Enzymes are composed of what organic molecule?
Analyzing Graphics: Enzymes
Enzymes and Substrates (Coloring)
Storylab - How Enzymes Work
Investigation: How Do Enzymes Work