Answer true or false to the following statements. Use the graphic to determine the answers.
1. ______ Dogs belong to the order Felidae.
2. ______ A fox belongs to the phylum Arthropoda.
3. ______ Snakes belong to the phylum Reptilia.
4. ______ Lions belong to the class mammalia
5. ______ All arthropods belong to the Class Insecta
6. ______ All rodents belong to the phylum chordata.
7. ______ All amphibians belong to the class reptilia.
8. _______ All primates are mammals.
9. _______ The class mammalia includes dogs, cats and rats.
10. ______ A lion belongs to the genus Felis.
11. ______ All mammals are primates.
12. ______ Insects and lobsters are arthropods.
In each set, circle the pair that is most closely related.
13. snakes & crocodiles | snakes & frogs
14. rats & cats | cats & dogs
15. insects & lobsters | insects & birds
16. lions & tigers | lions & cougars
17. foxes & rats | foxes & dogs
18. cats & dogs | cats & lions
19. List (use species name) all the animals pictured that belong in the Felidae family.
20. The image does not show orders of insects. Suggest three categories of insects that would likely be grouped into orders. Hint: think about what kind of insects there are. Add your three categories to the image.
21. Create an addition to the image given the following information.