The image below shows a human and a chimpanzee skeleton. Identify the bones of the forelimbs, hindlimbs, and pelvis in each of the models, then use the models to determine similarities and differences between hominids and non-human primates.
1. How does the shape of the pelvis differ in the two skeletons?
2. Identify at least three other major differences you observe in the shape and size of the bones.
3. Identify at least three similarities you observe in the shape and size of the bones.
4. What are the forelimbs of a chimpanzee adapted for? What are they adapted for in humans?
5. How does evolution explain the differences and similarities between these two organisms?