gametes diploid haploid zygote homolog
karyotype meiosis trisomy mitosis karyotype
1. Cells that have the complete set of chromosomes are called ________________
2. Cells that have only half of that number are called ____________________.
3. Process of cell division that results in 4 haploid cells used in sexual reproduction:
4. Process of cell division that results in 2 diploid cells, used for growth and repair.
5. Two haploid cells combine during fertilization to form a ______________________
6. Type of cells used in sexual reproduction, sperm and eggs ____________________
7. Information storing molecule that makes up chromosomes: ____________
8. A matching chromosomes, it is the same size and has the same pattern: ___________
9. When there is an extra chromosome in a set, causing disorders like Down Syndrome: __________
10. An image of chromosomes, paired and ordered from large to small: __________________
Do the (Chicken) Math
11. Chicken have 78 chromosomes in their body cells.
How many chromosomes are in chicken sperm? _________
12. A chicken cell undergoes meiosis, how many cells are created? _________
How many chromosomes are in each cell? _________
13. A chicken sperm and egg combine to create a zygote.
How many chromosomes are in the zygote? ____________
14. During the process of creating a sperm cell, one chromosome does not separate, the resulting sperm cell has an extra chromosome.
This is called _____________
If this sperm fertilizes an egg, how many chromosomes with the baby chick have? __________