1. The movement of molecules from an area of high to low concentration: ______________________.
2. The movement of water across a membrane: _______________________________
3. A solution that has more molecules (like salt) outside the cell is a _______________________ solution.
*Cells in this solution will gain or lose water? _____________
4. A solution that has less molecules (like salt) outside the cell is a _______________________ solution.
* Cells in this solution will gain or lose water? _____________
5. A solution that has the same number of molecules as the cell is a _____________________ solution.
6. This disease is caused by a failure of the cell membrane, which causes mucus to build up in the lungs:
7. Cell membranes will let some things pass through them, this means they are _____________________.
8. Type of transport that does not require energy: _____________________________________
9. Type of transport that does require energy: ______________________________
10. When molecule are even throughout a space, it is called ________________________________.
11. This organelle pumps out excess water: __________________________________
12. The maintaining of a biological balance, or sameness: ________________________________
13. The outer boundary of all cells, its job is to move things in and out of the cell: ____________________
14. Type of transport where a cell takes in a large particle, like food: ________________________________
15. Type of transport where a cell pushes out large particles, like waste: _____________________________
16. Type of transport where proteins channels help move molecules across the membrane: _______________
17. Label the cell membrane:
Transport Protein _____