1. These structures are found in the nucleus of dividing cells, they appear X-shaped _________________
2. A chromosome is made of two identical sister ____________________
3. Chromosomes are made of ____________ wrapped around proteins.
4. Chromosomes are found in the ______________________ of the cell
5. Sister chromatids are held together by ___________________________.
6. Body cells that contain the full number of chromosomes, 46 in humans, are called _______________.
7. Sex cells that contain only half the number of chromosomes are called ________________
8. During this stage of the cell cycle, the cell is copying DNA and performing cell functions: _____________
9. During this stage of mitosis, chromosomes line up along the equator: _________________
10. During this stage of mitosis, chromatids separate and move to opposite sides: ________________
11. During this stage of mitosis, DNA condenses and forms chromosomes: _____________________
12. During this stage of mitosis, the nuclear membrane forms in each new cell: ______________________
13. During mitosis, this structure moves individual chromosomes: __________________
14. This pair of structures anchors the spindle: _____________________
15. The process by which the nucleus divides into two new nuclei is called: __________________________
16. The process by which the cell splits into two new daughter cells is called: _________________________
Label the Phases