1. Describe the different types of receptors.
2. Distinguish between the Meissner’s corpuscles and the Pacinian corpuscles.
3. Describe acute pain, chronic pain, viscerial pain, and referred pain.
4. What is the difference between a somatic sense and a special sense?
5. How can pain be managed (name natural chemicals and pharmaceutical ones)?
6. Define and give an example of sensory adaptation.
7. What are olfactory receptors and where are they located?
8. List the four different types of taste sensations. What is umami?
9. Describe the path sound waves take within the ear and are eventually processed by the brain.
10. Compare static equilibrium to dynamic equilibrium; what part of the ear maintains your equilibrium?
11. Be able to label the ear; identify which parts are associated with the outer, middle and inner ear
12. What is the difference between rods and cones?
13. Describe how we see images and the part of the brain that interprets those images
14. Know what the blind spot is, where it is located and why it exists at all
15. Define refraction and discuss how it affects your vison. What is the fovea centralis?
17. What is myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism? What is a cataract?
18. What are the muscles that move the eye called (also know locations).
19. Label the parts of the eye on a diagram and know the functions.