1. Control Group
2. Independent (Manipulated) Variable
3. Dependent (Responding) Variable
4. What should Smithers' conclusion be?
5. How could this experiment be improved?
6. What was the iniitial observation?
7. Control Group
8. Independent (Manipulated) Variable
9. Dependent (Responding) Variable
10. What should Homer's conclusion be?
Homer notices that his shower is covered in a strange green slime. His friend Barney tells him that coconut juice will get rid of the green slime. Homer decides to check this this out by spraying half of the shower with coconut juice. He sprays the other half of the shower with water. After 3 days of "treatment" there is no change in the appearance of the green slime on either side of the shower.
11. Control Group
12. Independent (Manipulated) Variable
13. Dependent (Responding) Variable
14. What should Bart's conclusion be?
15. How could Bart's experiment be improved?
Bart believes that mice exposed to radiowaves will become extra strong (maybe he's been reading too much Radioactive Man). He decides to perform this experiment by placing 10 mice near a radio for 5 hours. He compared these 10 mice to another 10 mice that had not been exposed. His test consisted of a heavy block of wood that blocked the mouse food. he found that 8 out of 10 of the radiowaved mice were able to push the block away. 7 out of 10 of the other mice were able to do the same.
16. Control Group
17. Independent (Manipulated) Variable
18. Dependent (Responding) Variable
19. Explain whether the data supports the advertisements claims about its product.
Krusty was told that a certain itching powder was the newest best thing on the market, it even claims to cause 50% longer lasting itches. Interested in this product, he buys the itching powder and compares it to his usual product. One test subject (A) is sprinkled with the original itching powder, and another test subject (B) was sprinkled with the Experimental itching powder. Subject A reported having itches for 30 minutes. Subject B reported to have itches for 45 minutes
20. Design Lisa's experiment.
Lisa is working on a science project. Her task is to answer the question: "Does Rogooti (which is a commercial hair product) affect the speed of hair growth". Her family is willing to volunteer for the experiment.