DNA Quiz 1
DNA Quiz 2
DNA Quiz 3
DNA Quiz 4
DNA Quiz 5
DNA Quiz 6
1. RNA is synthesized on a DNA template in a process called ______, which utilizes the enzyme _______
translation, RNA polymerase
transcription, DNA polymerase
transcription, RNA polymerase
replication, DNA polymerase
2. Which of the following is NOT a necessary component of translation?
3. Given the following DNA strand, which of the following is its complementary mRNA? G G A C T G A T T
C C T G A C T A A
C C U G A C U A A
G G A C T G A T T
T T A G T C A G G
4. Amino acids are joined together into a protein chain by which of the following?
5. Proteins contain ____ different amino acids, whereas DNA and RNA are composed of ___ different nucleotides
6. The base pair rules states that:
Replication is semiconservative
A pairs with T, G pairs with C
DNA is a double helix held together by hydrogen bonds
A pairs with G, T pairs with C
7. Once transcription has been completed, which of the following is NOT necessary for protein synthesis to occur?
8. Which site of the tRNA molecule binds to the mRNA molecule?
5 prime end
9. Okazaki fragments occur on the ___ and are bonded together by ______
leading strand, polymerase
lagging strand, ligase
10. How many different codons are possible?
an infinite number