As part of anatomy, students test their own blood types using kits supplied by a biological supply company.
This test requires students to use a lancet to prick their skin and obtain a sample of blood. [ Permission Form ]
We used the eldoncard blood typing kit, which comes with everything you need to determine which blood type you are (A, B, AB, or O)
1. Activate the serum on the circles by adding a drop of water.
2. Sterilize finger with alcohol pad and use a lancet to prick finger. Massage finger to get a generous drop of blood.
3. Use a plastic eldon stick to transfer the blood to the serum and stir the blood.
4. Use a new stick for each test circle to prevent cross contamination.
5. Slowly tilting the card will prevent coagulation while the antibodies react to the serum on the card. A positive test will show obvious signs of clumping.
6. Clean finger with alcohol pad and apply a bandage.
**Do NOT touch anyone else's blood. Throw all materials into the biohazard container**
"Mesha's" card shows AB Negative Blood