*This program can be watched for free at HHMI Interactive or you can request a free DVD for free from HHMI.
1. What kind of doctor is Neil Shubin?
2. The limbs of all vertebrates follow a specific pattern. Describe this pattern.
3. Where did Neil find his tetrapod?
4. What was the crew searching for in Canada?
5. How are fish and human embryos similar?
6. Human embryos have gill slits. What happens to this structure as the embryo develops?
7. Why did the testes of humans change locations from where they are found in fish?
8. What is the significance of the gene called the "Sonic Hedgehog?"
9. The tiktallik had several exciting anatomical features. Annotate the image below by pointing out the features that provide evidence that this is a transitional species.
10. According to Neil Shubin, what makes humans special?