The documentary utilizes technology that allowed the filmmakers to take crystal clear images of a fetus developing inside the womb. The program charts how the baby changes and grows during the typical nine-month gestation.
1. At four weeks, the embryo is the size of:
a. a fist b. a grain of rice c. your thumb d. a watermelon
2. How does does pregnancy last?
a. 3 months b. 6 months c. 9 months d. 1 year
3. Once an egg is released, how long will it live?
a. 20 minutes b. 1 hour c. 24 hours d. 6 days
4. How long does it take to build an eye?
a. 2 weeks b. 6 months c. 9 months d. 2 years
5. When does the heart of a fetus start to beat?
a. Day 5 b. Day 12 c. Day 23 d. Day 35
6. Human embryos have gills. a. True b. False
7. At 8 weeks, the embryo is called a(n):
a. zygotes b. tadpole c. cytosphere d. fetus
8. The placenta is both a barrier and a:
a. filter b. cushion c. food source d. heating pad
9. The soft skeleton of the fetus allows it to:
a. grow very fast b. fit inside the uterus
c.squeeze through the birth canal d. breathe liquid
10. An epidural is used by an expectant mother to:
a. dull pain b. speed up the birthing process
c. monitor fetal heart rate d. hold the baby in the proper position