In order to be successful on this test, you should:
1. Read the chapter! Read it again!
2. Be able to list the key features of reptiles.
3. Describe how ectothermic metabolism differs from endothermic metabolism.
4. Describe the amniote egg and all of its membranes. Be able to label an egg.
5. Compare the reptile heart to the avian heart.
6. Define all vocabulary (bold) words in the chapter.
7. Describe the 4 groups of reptiles and list examples in each group.
8. Understand the anatomy of a rattlesnake (page 790-791).
9. Know the difference between a turtle and a tortoise.
10. Explain several unique features of crocodilians.
11. Describe the tuatara.
12. List the key features of birds.
13. Describe and label a feather.
14. Explain how the bird's skeleton is adapted for flight.
15. Label all the bones of a bird skeleton (see coloring worksheet)
16. Understand why the lungs of a bird are efficient.
17. Describe the anatomy of a bird (page 798-799).
18. Know how the structure of a bird's beak and feet give clues to its lifestyle.
19. Know the major groupings (orders) of birds. Be able to determine which birds are most closely related.
20. Answer the end of the chapter questions on page 804 for practice.
Which of the following pairs is most closely related.
a. snake & chameleon b. snake & alligator