Chapter 3-1 (Reading Guide) Name ________________________
1. _____________________ Reveal Cell Structure
2. When Robert Hooke used a crude microscope to observe a thin slide of cork, he saw _____________________________________
3. Anton van Leeuwenhoek called the living creatures in pond water ______________
4. Which metric unit is about the width of a pencil tip?(Table 3-1) __________
Which metric unit is about the length of a water molecule ____________
5. An electron microscope forms an image using a beam of [ light | electrons ]
6. [ Magnification | Resolution ] is the measure of clarity of an image.
7. Microscopes Have Different ____________ and Limitations
8. Electron microscopes [ can | cannot ] be used to view living cells.
9. The [ objective | ocular ] lens is closest to the specimen.
10. The most powers compound light microscopes have a magnification of __________
11. Electron microscopes can magnify an image up to _______________
12. A TEM can reveal a cell's [ internal | external ] structure
13. A scanning electron microscope forms a [ two-dimensional | three-dimensional ] image.
14. The ______________________________ uses a needle-like probe to measure differences in voltage caused by electrons that leak, or tunnel from the surface of objects.
15. A ___________________ is used to track the movements of the probe.