1. Every organism's scientific name consists of [ one | two | three ] words.
2. "Sea Monkey" is an example of a [ common name | scientific name ].
3. The science of naming and classifying organisms is called[ nomenclature | taxonomy ]
4. Organisms in the same genus, such as Canis lupus and Canis familiaris MUST also belong to the same [ species | phylum ].
5. The taxon (group) directly under Phylum is [ class | order ].
6. Plantae and Animalia are two examples of [ species | kingdoms ].
7. Organisms that can interbreed with one another are classified as the same[ species | genus ].
8. The evolutionary history of a species is called [ phylogeny | taxonomy]
9. Biologists usually classify things according to their [ habitat | appearance ]
10. The naming system developed by Linnaeus is called[ systematics | binomial nomenclature ]
11. Organisms with the names: Quercus rubra and Quercus phellos belong to the same [ genus | species ]
12. The taxon (group) directly below Order is [ family | class ]
13. For black bears and polar bears to be in the same family, they must also be in the same [ genus | order ]
14. The second word of a scientific name is always [ capitalized | lowercase ]
15. A mule is an example of a [ hybrid | subspecies ]