1. What grade do you expect to make in this class? __________
2. The list below contains characteristics that relate to success in school. Rank each one according to its importance (in your opinion). Start with 1, being the most important and go to 9, the least important.
Attendance Doing your homework Paying attention
Doing well on tests Bringing supplies Taking notes
Completing projects Working well with others Good Behavior
3. Of the list above. Which two things do you want to PERSONALLY improve about yourself?
4. Which of the following best describes where you see yourself in 5 years?
a. living in a dorm and going to a university
b. community college and living at home
c. in the military
d. working within the community, maybe have an apartment of my own
e. other (write in) _________________________________________
5. Do you learn best by: a. reading b. listening c. writing
6. On average, how much time per night do you put into schoolwork? _________________
7. What have you heard about this class? ________________________________________
8. Have you ever failed a class before? ________
If yes, list one reason why you failed? ________________________________________
If no, list one reason why you have been successful? _____________________________
9. Which of the following motivates you the most? a. myself b. my parents c. my friends
10. How do you stay organized at school?
a. I keep all handouts in a folder, and notes in a notebook
b. I have a big binder that stores all my work divided by class
c. I have no organization method, my papers are everywhere.
d. Other ____________________________________________________________________
Completion ___4 ____3 ____2 ____1 ____0
Honest Effort ___4 ____3 ____2 ____1 ____0