1. Many animals respond to ____________________
changes in the environment with daily or ______________cycles
2. Back and forth movement of an animal as influenced by the changing seasons is called ____________________
3. Like many animals, _________________ migrate in response to seasonal changes in their environment.
4. The fact that you sleep at night and attend school during the day is an example of what? _________________
ANALYZING DATA: (p 879)
5. What is the success rate of a female with each level of breeding experience?
1 yr __________ 5 years? ______ 20 years? __________
6. Courtship behavior is part of
an overall reproductive strategy that helps many animals ___________________.
7. In some species, courtship involves a series of behavior called ____________________________.
8. An animal _____________________ is called a group of __________________ animals of the same
___________________________ that interact closely and often cooperate with each other.
9. In wild African dog packs, ____________________
guard all the pups while other________________ hunt for prey.
10. List 4 resources found within an animal's territory necessary for its survival and reproduction. ____________________________________________________________________________________
11. What is aggression? ________________________________________________________
12. When animal behavior involves more than one individual, some form of __________________ is involved.
13. Animals with good eyesight often use what kind of signals to communicate? _________________
14. Chemical messages that affect the behavior of others are called _________________.
15. To communicate with sound an animal must have strong vocal abilities. Names 3 animals:
16. Bottlenose dolphins have their own complex way of communicating with one another. What is it?__________
17. What is the most complex form of communication? _______________________________
18. Dolphins and gorillas are able to use language . TRUE or FALSE
19. This isn't in your book, but can you match the dog language: Aggressive, intimidated, alert, submissive