Read the chapter! Read it again!
2. What are the key features of reptiles and what are the key features of birds?
3. Which group of animals are ectothermic and which are endothermic?
4. What are the parts of the amniote egg (Amnion, Chorion, Allantois, Yolk)
5. How many chambers are in a reptile's heart? _____ A bird's? ____ A crocodile's? ____
Which has double loop circulation?
6. Define all vocabulary (bold) words in the chapter.
Practice the multiple choice questions at the end of the chapter.
7. Know the taxonomy of birds and reptiles.
Kingdom _____________ , Phylum ______________, Subphylum _____________Class ____________
8. Describe the 4 groups (Orders) of reptiles and list examples in each group.
9. What is the difference between turtles, tortoises and terrapins
10. Explain several unique features of crocodilians.
11. Describe the tuatara (Where does it live? Why is it classified differently from other reptiles?)
12. What is the archaeopteryx? How is it like a bird? How is it like a dinosaur?
13. Describe and label a feather. What is the difference between down and contour feathers?
14. Explain how the bird's skeleton is adapted for flight.
15. Label all the bones of a bird skeleton (see coloring worksheet)
17. Describe the anatomy of a bird (page 809). Be able to trace the food through the bird's digestive tract.
18. Know how the structure of a bird's beak and feet give clues to its lifestyle.
19. Know the major groupings (p 813) of birds. Be able to determine which birds are most closely related.
20. What are the parts of a bird (or reptile's) brain and what are the functions? (cerebrum, cerebellum, optic lobe, olfactory lobe)
Q L A R D F G W W N R Q N Q D
U K O K O O L W O L E G O R G
A Y Y S O B O A W R O V I R N
I V D S T L I F N Q R B A O I
L J E H L R Q N C I E A W R L
E E D A K C I H C U D L P G R
L F W D U C K C L V N R J S A
N S H W H I R B H U I D A Q T
P H E A S A N T C L U O J C S
F A L C O N E H Z T G V I T N
C H G O A R I C W U N E D E K
K G A L H C L N C R E G R Z J
Q T K W K M E I U E P W R A Z
J E Y E K I N F N R V D M K A
M A N L L U G A E S E L G A E
Practice Questions: Which of the following pairs is most closely related.
a. turtle & tortoise .........b. turtle & alligator
a. gila monster & copperhead ...b. copperhead & cobra
a. tuatara & chameleon ......b. chameleon & gecko
a. snake & chameleon....... b. snake & alligator
a. hawk & sparrow ............ b. hawk & eagle
a. komodo dragon & alligator ..... b. alligator & crocodile
a. sparrow & flamingo .... b. sparrow & dove