Go to: biol.co/virtblood --> Click on "Virtual Blood Type Lab"
Follow the instructions carefully, in many cases the simulation will not allow you to proceed unless you have completed the section exactly as directed. Record all data on this sheet as you fill them out during the simulation. There will be no need to print the document (in fact, in some cases, the print function will not work on the school network.)
1. Summarize the problem you are trying to solve.
2. What is the purpose of ths investigation?
3. What types of serum are available?
What to the antibodies in the serums bind to?
4. What are the disposable micropipettes used for?
5. Prediction Chart (indicate YES or NO if you think the blood will clump when exposed to the antibodies)
6. Observation Chart
Analyze and Conclude
7. Which, if any, of the blood samples tested cna the patient with type B+ blood receive? Explain why.
8. Explain how you were able to use your knowledge of how different types of blood react with Anti-A, Anti-B, and Anti Rh antibodies to determine the blood types of the four samples.
9. If a person has Type A blood, he or she would have antibodies for what blood type?
10. Why is type O Negative blood known as the universal donor? Why is O Positive not a universal donor?