Brain Anatomy Quiz
1. The skeletal muscles are controlled by the
autonomic nervous system
somatic nervous system
2. What is the function of the oligodendrocytes?
create myelin layer
clean up cellular debris
supply blood and nutrients
alert the body to an infection
3.What cells are responsible for communication within the nervous system?
4. What ions are necessary for a nerve impulse to occur?
carbon and sodium
oxygen and carbon
potassium and sodium
hydrogen and potassium
5. Gaps between the myelin sheath along an axon are called:
nodes of ranvier
6. Which cell connects neurons to blood vessels?
7. The chemical that moves from the axon of one neuron across a gap to the dendrite of another is a(n):
8. White matter appears white due to:
no blood supply
lack of nuclei
9. A threshold stimulus results in the creation of a(n):
node of ranvier
10. Reflexes (such as the knee-jerk reflex) occur when impulses travel from the muscle to the ____ and then back to the muscle.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.