Parts of the Cell
The Cell Theory
1. The door to your house is like the ___ of a cell membrane?
2. The phospholipid bilayer of the cell membrane is like a(n):
plate glass window
hot water heater
3. Facilitated diffusion ____ require energy and uses the help of ______
does, transport proteins
does not, transport proteins
does not, sodium pumps
4. A semi permeable membrane is stretched across a chamber filled with water. The membrane is only permeable to water. 60 mg of salt is added to the left side of the chamber. Which of the following will happen?
water will move toward the right side
salt will move toward the right side
water will move toward the left side
salt will move toward the left side
5. The lipid bilayer keeps the inside of the cell membrane:
6. Which of the following could be found in BOTH the nucleus and the cytoplasm
both RNA & ribosomes
7. Amino acid chains built by the ribosomes then move to the:
8. Which of the following structures has a 9 + 2 arrangement?
9. The centriole is most like the:
10. Which of the following is composed of a large and a small subunit?
11. A cell that is missing lysosomes would have difficulty doing what?
12. Which of the following cell parts is described as a "fluid mosaic"?
13. Some cells take in large molecules through the process of:
14. Which of the following organelles would NOT be found in a plant cell?