Materials: Various masses or objects. Spring scale
1. Find out the weight of each of the masses using a spring scale.
|Mass (grams)||Weight (Newtons)|
2. Graph the mass vs the weight (in newtons)
3. Calculate the slope of the line of your graph
4. Use your graph to determine the weight (newtons) of each of the following masses.
5g ____________ 25g _____________ 45g _____________
5. Develop a formula that you could use to convert mass to weight. Alternately, explain how you would convert an object's mass to its weight.