Name___________________________________ Date _____
1. Based on this graph, how much energy does the object have when it is sitting on top of a 2 m shelf? ______
2. How much energy does it have when it is sitting at a height of 14 m? _________
3. If the object has 1000 J of energy, how far from the ground is it? _________
4. At 20 meters, how much energy is stored in the object? _______
5. Add to the Graph …………………. PE = mgh ( g ravity = 9.8 m/s2)
Create a line showing the potential energy of an object that weighs 12 kg. Complete the chart below and then add your data to the graph.
|Height (choose 5 points between 0 and 25)||Calculate Potential Energy|