1. Producers - plants
2. Primary Consumers - squirrel, grasshopper, rabbit, mouse
3. Secondary Consumers - frog, mouse, fox, snake, owl
4. Tertiary Consumers - snake, owl, fox. There is some overlap, animals can be both depending on what they are eating at the time. When snake eats the rabbit, it is a secondary consumer. When the snake eats the frog, then it is a tertiary consumer.
5. Herbivores - grasshopper, squirrel, rabbit
6. Carnivores - frog, snake, owl, fox
7. Omnivores - mouse
8. What elements are missing from this food web? decomposers, sun
On the back, Construct a Food web using the following animals. This ecosystem represents a farm area. The corn is the main source of food for many of the herbivores in the area. You do not have to draw pictures, you can just use the animal names and draw arrows between them.
SNAKE, CORN , CATERPILLAR, DEER, CROW, MOUSE, COUGAR, SQUIRREL, MICROORGANISMS (decomposers)