1. List the 5 major functions of the skeletal system
2. How many bones are there (normally) in your skeleton?
3. List the groups of bones that make up the:
A. Appendicular Skeleton
B. Axial Skeleton
4. Name and describe the 5 major parts of a bone
5. What is the membrane lining the medullary cavity called?
6. What is the proper term for a skeletal joint?
7. Name the 2 types of marrow and tell what each does.
8. Give the proper names for the two types of bone tissue and tell where each is found.
9. Describe each of the following (label on a diagram)
E. Haversian Canal
F. Volkmann's Canal
H. Haversian System
10. What bones are considering intramembranous?
11. Bones grow in thickness by the activity of ________________________
12. Name and describe the 3 major types of joints.
13. Identify the major bones of the skull (label on diagram)
14. Name and locate the 4 major sutures.
15. Name and locate the 4 fontanels
16. Describe each of the following:
A. Epiphyseal Disk
B. Foramen Magnum
C. True rib
D. False rib
E. Floating rib
F. Coxal Bone
J. Pectoral Girdle
K. Pelvie Girdle
L. Bones of the arm